So, the mood struck the other day to start a coin purse. I have started in one corner and went down with one row. Then when I felt it was long enough, I made a small split ring for the bottom and then started on the backside while attaching the split ring to split rings of the front side. Once I had tatted the first row, I just did a "lopsided" split ring to start the next row.
It's going to take me a while to get it the size I want, but I like how it is looking so far! As you can see, and as I have already kind of revealed: It's is made up entirely of split rings. :o)
Also, once I feel that I am about at the half way point for this purse, I will start making one side much longer than the other so that there can a flap. I am also considering not attaching some of the split rings on the flap for the purpose of a button hole. That should be interesting. I do not plan to attach the button to the tatting itself. That' seems like it would be too rough on it. Instead, I will attach it to something behind the tatting, if that makes sense. :o)
The thread is size 40, some that I dyed up.
I am still dyeing but I've made the executive decision to keep the my progress under wraps so that I can ensure that I do well and have enough stock to offer at Tat Days in September. It was a hard decision to make, but it was a necessary one.
However, I will be doing a special batch tomorrow that will be going into my Etsy shop early next week.