Saturday, July 28, 2012

Working on a coin purse...





So, the mood struck the other day to start a coin purse. I have started in one corner and went down with one row.  Then when I felt it was long enough, I made a small split ring for the bottom and then started on the backside while attaching the split ring to split rings of the front side.  Once I had tatted the first row, I just did a "lopsided" split ring to start the next row. 

It's going to take me a while to get it the size I want, but I like how it is looking so far!  As you can see, and as I have already kind of revealed:  It's is made up entirely of split rings. :o)

Also, once I feel that I am about at the half way point for this purse, I will start making one side much longer than the other so that there can a flap.  I am also considering not attaching some of the split rings on the flap for the purpose of a button hole.  That should be interesting.  I do not plan to attach the button to the tatting itself.  That' seems like it would be too rough on it.  Instead, I will attach it to something behind the tatting, if that makes sense. :o)

The thread is size 40, some that I dyed up.

I am still dyeing but I've made the executive decision to keep the my progress under wraps so that I can ensure that I do well and have enough stock to offer at Tat Days in September.  It was a hard decision to make, but it was a necessary one. 

However, I will be doing a special batch tomorrow that will be going into my Etsy shop early next week.



5 comments:

  1. A coin purse sounds so interesting! Where do you get your ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grey coin purse! Caan't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a fun project. will be interested in seeing it as you go.
    good luck with the dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project and will be a great colourful purse
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete