Saturday, July 21, 2012

Well, never mind...

Well, I said the other day that I was going to be going out of town this weekend.  I got it all wrong though... it's NEXT weekend.  Chris's grandfather is sick, so he wants to go see him.

So, I have (had) 10 skeins of size 20 left, so I went ahead and wound up 9 size 40 and 5 size 60... and I tackled "Pink Lemonade" first.
When I did Pink Lemonade before, it sold out quickly.  But, that's more because I only had a couple of skeins and only in size 40.

They are not ready yet, so I will have to post pictures later. :o)

But, this is what I've been working on today:
I was thinking about entering something into the fair this year.  I don't think this will be it, because I messed up a bit hiding the ends on round 2.

23/25  (for my 25 motif challenge)

This is Havana size 40.  The piece is from Mary Maynard's Tatting a 4 square ring.  I counted the rows that are she shows in the book... there are like 15 rows.  I don't think that I will do all of that, but I do plan to make it a little bigger.

I don't know how this colorway looks on your computer, but on mine, the dark brown looks almost black.  So, if you are sitting there wondering why I would put black in this colorway.... don't worry, I didn't.. it's just a dark greenish brown.  It's quite pretty.  :o)

7 comments:

  1. your motif looks really good. have fun dyeing and hope that Chris's grandpa is better soon.
    have fun with stuff for the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite pretty...love the colors together and the design is nice :-). I imagine that thread is even prettier in person...all of yours are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Hope Chris' grandpa is doing better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely doily, and nice colours it looks purple on my iPad not black.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I really enjoy seeing all the color combinations, even though dyeing is something I will never have a desire to try. Aren't HDTs the best for tatting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow purple? that's very interesting.

    Diane, I agree HDTs are the best for tatting! :o)

    ReplyDelete