Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fair, Glasses, HDT, and still settling in...

So, with a title like that, I shouldn't have to say to much, right?

I entered Livi's Doily in the local fair.  It won a blue 1st place ribbon!
The doily is not finished yet, but I am most certainly taking a bit of a break from it. 

I also entered this hair clip.  It's an abbreviated version of the flower in Mary Konior's Tatting with Visual Patterns.
This won a 2nd place ribbon. :o)


It looks like I passed my bad vision genes down to Livi.  I finally got around to getting her eyes checked and sure enough she needed glasses. 

She rocks them, don't you think?


I got a new colorway dyed up.  I tend to shy away from the warmer colors, such as red and orange.  I don't usually feel as confident with them.  Anticipation for Fall put me in a mood for rich warm colors though.

At first, I thought it would be a nice leaf color, but I decided it would make a nice floral color as well. :o)




And as the title suggests, we are still attempting to settle in around here.  I find it difficult to find opportunities to get on the computer.  We have a plethora of laptop computers but I do my best work on a desktop.  I'm sure it will all work out eventually! 

10 comments:

  1. I don't know where to start complementing you, it's all so nice and great work and colors and hair bows and a win this is great, keep up the nice work! and you have a model for the hair bow too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Great fair wins. Livi looks lovely in her new glasses, very modern looking. Love your new colourway. I hope you'll soon be settled so that we can 'see' you more regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wins, Livi's mat is looking beautiful and well deserves a blue ribbon. Lovely colour for thread,
    I hope you can settle in with your new home.
    Lovely to hear from you seems ages since I saw a post from you.
    Take care
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new thread looks nice, and congrats on your winnings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your fair wins. The doily is looking very good. I like the thread colorway, very campfireish.
    I am glad you are settling in. Moving is always such a disruption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doily and hairclip look fabulous!!!! Congratulations on the ribbons!!! :) And I really love the new colorway!!! :) And Livi looks fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh . . . love the new Cornucopia HDT. Nice!
    Livi has a new look, a beautiful doily and hope you settle in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still settling in but: dying thread, winning ribbon, and getting new glasses for the little one. You are unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, missing you! Hope all is wonderful in your new location.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss hearing from you. Hope all is well with you and yours. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete