Monday, July 9, 2012

Thanks Jane- The Liebster Blog Award/ Tagged and more HDT

I was tagged by Jane 


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less.

The word 'Liebster' is German and it means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.



Here're the Rules:

1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them. Remember, no tag backs!



Facts
1.  Despite my love of animals, including the dog, cat, and 2 guinea pigs that I own, I am terribly allergic to animals.  I get swollen eyes, hives, and have difficulty breathing when I love on them too much.
2.  I love tomato and jalapenos on my pizza.
3. I don't like bacon- while everyone else is family loves it.
4. When I see ham or bacon, I think about this picture I saw years ago of a half eaten pig that had been roasted and served with the head attached.  The image makes me sick to my stomach.
5. I like to be called "Jess!", when I was younger it was always Jessi or Jessica.  Jessi sounds too young, and Jessica is a mouthful and ends with "ick-a".  But "Jess" wasn't enough for my free and creative spirit.  So, I like my name to be said with enthusiasm.  So to pronounce my name, it's "Jess" (plus the enthusiasm) and it's spelled: Jess!
6. I am trying to go to school so that I can become a pharmacist, but everyday life and mothering is making the task very difficult.
7. I have a "Carpe Diem" tattoo on my left ankle.  Once, a man I met thought it said Grape Deem and then faked like that was really cool. He looked really dumb. lol
8. I finished high school in three years, I skipped my junior year by going to summer school.
9.I often walk around with messy hands because I never feel like putting on gloves and I use cotton balls when dyeing thread.
10. I have long (ish) hair because I don't want to spend the money to have it cut, nor do I want to cut it myself.
11. I dislike shoe shopping so much that I literally have no shoes.  I had a pair of Crocs that I wore for over year, but they started hurting my feet very badly and the skin on my feet actually started peeling... still don't know what that was all about.  But I got rid of those shoes.  Now I only have a pair of pink flip flops that I am just really hoping will last.... forever.

Q & A
   Do you know where Zimbabwe is? I know it's in the southern part of Africa.
 Do you have children? Yes, one little Angel named Olivia, or as I call her "Livi"
 Do you prefer hot weather or cold? neither.  I don't like being too hot or too cold.  But I like warm and cool.
 Do you think that becoming a vegetarian will save the planet? I don't think that "saving the planet" is as "easy" as that.  There has to be a change in overall attitude, to switch from "take-take" and "getting by for the day" to "give-give-share" and "sustainable living/ eating"
What sort of car do you drive? 2007 Chevy Malibu (in red) My daddy bought it for me because when I was 8 months pregnant,(in 2007) my current car brought down when I was on my way to work.  He didn't want to take the chance of that happening after I had Livi.
Do you talk on the phone while driving? No, I've tried.  Livi gets on to me.  How can you say no to "Momma, you are supposed to drive with two hands!" lol
  Are you a dog-person or a cat-person? I love them both.
 Do you cook from scratch? No, and it's probably for the best.
lol no... I don't cook from scratch, nor do I cook.
 What’s your favourite dessert? Hot fudge sundae
Are you a teacher? no
Do you have green fingers? Sometimes after dyeing green thread.

Questions I have

1.  You are walking and you come up on a skunk, what is your first thought?
2  2.  Did you know that only 5% of the population can touch all of the their top teeth with their tongue?
3.  Do you think a picture is actually worth a thousand words?
4.  Number 2 is completely false, but did you try it when you read that?
5.  What is your favorite scent?
6.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?
7. How do you feel about socks?
8.  What was the last movie you saw at the theater?
9. Do you have any siblings?
10.How often do you blog?
11. How do you feel about caffeine?





Tagging people I don't know:
Lorene

** This part has yet to be done, but if you would like to be tagged, please tell me... and I'll tag you!**

Sorry I know I am breaking the rules on that one. ;o)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to the pictures that I promised for yesterday:
How about "My Bleeding Heart" 
I just came up with that.  I love being able to google images.



Love this one! I am so tempted to call this one "Jess!-ilicious" but I happen to know that Etsy won't let you put a "!" in the title... so that won't work.
So, how about "Genii" for the Genii Fuschia flower.  


Now, this one already had a name because I've been thinking about it for a little while now :o) "Macarons"

This picture makes these colors look washed out, but really the color is dark and very lovely.
This is Sally's suggestions for "Night Thunder"


I have been working so hard on these but I hope that it will be time well spent. :o)


I am going to add some of these and the Messy-Jess!-y to the shops. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on these great colors just because they can't make it to Tat Days!  Plus, Livi's starting kindergarten this August, so I need to tackle her supplies list and save money for the gas to Toccoa! So, it'll be in everyone's best interest for me to list these now. :o)
Also, colorways that are in both shops are being set at $7.20 in the Etsy shop and only $6.80 on Storenvy.

I will be working at counting exactly how many I have of each colorway and writing a brief description for them tonight.  My plan will be to have them all listed by tomorrow afternoon.



7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! You sure have been busy with all those great colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooh pretty! Can't wait till pay day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we learned more about you on this post.
    when I read the questions "Are you a teacher?" I felt you answered wrong, you are a teacher, you have taught your daughter many things including how to tat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Jess for answering the questions! I asked are you a teacher because that's what someone asked me the other day when she was trying to figure me out. Great threads, I hope they fly off the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about expanding my answer on the "teacher" question, but by that point, I was getting tired. lol
    In any job I've ever had, I usually end up in the training position. I've been told on numerous occasions that I would make a good teacher. Sometimes, I think if it the pharmacy thing doesn't pan out, I might consider going that route.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colorways! You can tag me if you like, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete