Sunday, August 12, 2012

Havana Doily Update #3

And row seven is now finished. :o)
I don't think that I will get the next row done so quickly as I have other things planned for tomorrow.  But, with the next update, I will try to get a picture of it outside so that you can actually see the shade of the Evergreen compared to the two colorways.  


And I agree, the spokes created by the negative space make this a very interesting piece.  The version that Mrs. Maynard did in Tatting a 4 Square Ring has something like 15 or more rows. I am not going to do that many rows.  So, I am adapting the design so that I can see incorporate the outer "diamonds" on this smaller version.  If you don't know what I'm talking about... it's okay, you'll see it soon enough. :o)

Right now the doily measures to 7".  IMHO that's pretty neat, and I just went back to verify this.  But each row has added 1" to the diameter. So, if I do finish after 3 more rows, then this should end up being 10" (in diameter).  Now, to just add the 3 more rows to test my hypothesis. :o)

2 comments:

  1. It just gets prettier and prettier. I may have to pull this book off the shelf and give it another look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished project!! :)

    ReplyDelete