Tuesday, January 10, 2012

some catching up to do

So, I've been tatting, but for whatever reason, I never posted about any of these.

They are all from Jon's Elegant Tatting Gems.  The top right is done in Lizbeth size 40 Charcoal and Medium Purple I believe.  Then the middle one is done in some size 60 that I dyed.  These are brighter than some of the ones I dyed recently for a couple of different reasons.  One of which is I used freshly prepared dye for it and another, I did most of the curing under an electric blanket instead of in the cold garage.  Lesson learned :o).  The bottom, is Lizbeth size 40 Azalea Md. and Seagreen Light.  Aren't they pretty??


And here are some more pictures of the threads I'm giving away on my other post....  This time done on the scanner.  My camera is being sent back to Fuji for repair. :o)


I think it's funny that the pictures really capture the beauty of the yellow and green but the blue and purple just looks dull.  In person though, the blue and pink/purple looks very nice.

 And here... I've decided to try Jane's TIAS... so here's my day 1... I'm doing it in the size 60 yellow green mix, same as the two skeins I'm giving away.  :o)  As for that extra picot at the beginning... that's just habit I guess.  I always leave a small picot at the beginning of every project.

5 comments:

  1. The snowflakes turned out really elagant in the colours that you used. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowflakes are so pretty! I'm hoping for snow soon so that I can be inspired to get back to tatting snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowflakes look wonderful!

    Your threads look great in these photos. Nice work.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bright and colorful snowflakes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete