I works, but it would probably look better if it were actually crocheted instead of tatted.
I did the arms, legs, and head separately from the body and attached them as I did the body. It was quite fun. In fact, I did this instead of finishing the Lace Mat (whoops)
The "dots" on the chest are from all the lock joins, but it creates a neat little stripe pattern. :o)
Since this was just a test run, I just knotted the thread and cut. I didn't bother with hiding the ends. I do want to try again. :o)
The whole thing is tatted with size 20 thread around a size 40 core. That just happened to be what was on my shuttles, so I ran with it. I don't know how that would change the offerall look of it.
It might be something to look into though.
Hmmm... what else can I say about this little girl...
Her hair is a tassle that was sewn to the top of the head.
And I stuffed each piece before they were closed.
To make joining easier, I stuffed the arms, legs, and head, then closed elements and added a chain with lots of picots for joining. :o)