Thursday, April 12, 2012

100th post!!!!!

I made sure to delete all my "draft posts" to make sure this was actually my 100th published post.!!


So, here's a new colorway I'm testing out.  I think I shall call it "Iris" because it looks just like the Iris that is growing by the house.  I will try to take a picture of it tomorrow.  

The heart is "Unfolding Heart" by Marilee Rockley aka Yarnplayer.  It's a very lovely pattern, but I I'm not all together pleases with how mine looks.  I will try it again soon. :o)

Then the egg is Sally Kerson's.  Do you know that I've been watching all you fabulous tatters tat eggs... all the while saying, "ehh... not for me." Then I saw Sally's and was like "oh I could do that", but then quickly forgot about it.  Then I saw Fox had done one and that made me remember my little shell rings, so I've been working on that while listening to my Faith Reason and Imagination readings.... which I will now have to listen to again, because I was no paying attention.  

So, I can't just leave that little bit for my 100th posts so here are a couple of my fur babies!!
Toodles:



Toodles is about 15 years old.  She's a sweet girl.  She is very much an outside dog.  Somedays I really do not like the fact that she doesn't stay inside with us and "really' get to be a part of the family.  But, I know she is happier outside.  I accidentally left the back door open one night.  When I woke up in the morning, there was trash every where in the living room and kitchen where she had dragged trash around the house.  Where was she?  Outside in her doghouse asleep. lol  She's always been like that.  We've accidentally left the gate open a few times.  She got out every time.  The first time we freaked out.  Went calling for her, trying to track her down.  After a few hours, we looked outside, she came back home and was sleeping in the yard with the gate still wide open. :o)
She doesn't do too much walking or running off anymore though.  Her back hips get to hurting.  Plus, she's def now and we aren't entirely sure how much she can see.  She still acts like a puppy though.  She gets so excited when Livi r I go out to play with her. (Which is daily) 

and then there's Layla:



Layla is the epitome of "scaredy cat".  I got her from the pound in 2005, she stayed under the bed for almost 2 weeks and then she wouldn't leave my room for almost a year and even then it was only to go down the hall a bit.  I remember the first time she came out from under the bed though.  She must have been hungry, because I was sitting on the bed eating a ham sandwich and she came up and took a bite out of my sandwich while the other end was end my mouth.  It was strange moment.  One that has not repeat itself.
Her favorite pasttime is to hide behind cracked doors and lunge her paw out of the crack when you walk by.  Also, she likes to ask for attention by sitting under the coffee table, wait for you to walk by, then run, hit you on the back of the leg and then vanish before you see her. lol

Last week, I was getting some clothes out of the dryer, and she was rubbing up on my leg.  I accidentally dropped a shirt on her and she ran off, but the shirt didn't fall off.  haha So all you could see was a flash of purple as my purple shirt went running across the room. 



And then here is my baby girl, sweet sweet Livi, but these were taken 2 years ago at my Granny's farm in Virginia:



and this is the broad side of a barn HAHAHA!!



and if you made it through all that, then you deserve to know that from now until April 19th, I will have a coupon active for 10% off.  The coupon is "percentum" 

I also got some size 80 thread in today which I have already started winding into skeins and I hope to get a bit of dyeing done tomorrow.  So hopefully sometime this weekend there will be new colors in the shop.  However, I am getting towards the end of the semester and starting to freak out slightly.
So, if it turns out I don't get new threads in there, please don't hold it against me :o)

But, is there any colorway that I've already done that anyone would like to see in size 80??


10 comments:

  1. What a great idea for Sally's egg - I'll pass that over to her now. Lovely pictures and wonderful HDT too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th! Love this pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 posts already? Congratulations! Love the HDT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 100th post! And to think I was proud of myself for making it past two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once had a nearly all black kitty named Leila who had a star like that, but on her tummy instead of her neck...loved her to pieces :-). Your broad side of the barn pick had me laughing :-). Pretty thread...and like your ring in the egg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once had a nearly all black kitty named Leila who had a star like that, but on her tummy instead of her neck...loved her to pieces :-). Your broad side of the barn pick had me laughing :-). Pretty thread...and like your ring in the egg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once had a nearly all black kitty named Leila who had a star like that, but on her tummy instead of her neck...loved her to pieces :-). Your broad side of the barn pick had me laughing :-). Pretty thread...and like your ring in the egg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice new color! And great heart!! :) And nice egg!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everybody!!

    Julie, thanks for noticing the barn pic. I thought it was hilarious. :o)
    But then that's why I took the picture.

    Diane, this HDT is what I thought your skein that Livi dyed for you was going to look like. So when you see the one that she actually dyed... you'll see how drenching it in the light blue has huge consequences lol.

    Neeneral: I'm proud of you for making it past two!! Starting anything is always the hardest.

    ReplyDelete