Saturday, May 5, 2012

Quick Post of some of my recent tatting

This started as the center of "Amusement Doily" But I got bored and went back around the outside... now I don't know what I will do with it.  But it will be a center for something.
Size 60 Tatilicious thread


These are both size 40. Fancy Fields on the left and Pink Lemonade on the right.
On the left: This is one of the flowers from the "The Tatted Artistry of Teiko Fujito" (I can't remember what  number, but it's supposed to have a center, that I haven't add yet, so if it looks like nothing in the book, that's why.

On the right: Jon Yusoff's Sweet Rose from Tatted Snowflakes Collection.  I want to do that one again without the last row, because I really love the shape that formed. :o)


Now, this... is a "preview" of my latest dyeing.
I simply took the dyes and blotted a paper towel with them.  It will be interesting to see how much or how little the actual thread looks like this preview.

Anyway, the colorway is going to be called "Mindanao Gum"
I am really excited about it!

If you google Mindanao Gum you will probably see why. :o)

4 comments:

  1. so did you sleep well?
    that looks like an interesting colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did thank you!
    I hope the colorway will turn out well. Ive been wanting one like it since I saw a picture of mindanao gum tree from hawaii. They are so beautiful! I would to actually see one some day

    ReplyDelete
  3. nise little tattings! Await the thread dying with interest ,-))

    ReplyDelete