Saturday, July 7, 2012

Messy Jess!-y's

Both are size 40 Tat-ilicious HDT left: "A Messy Jess!-y" and right: "Sunrise"
First, some tatting.  I did these on the 4th.  Since I was just relaxing at the "in-loves", I just made up the pattern along the way.  But, if you really like it, I used 4 ds in between each picot.  Easy Peezy, shuttle and ball. 

Now, "Messy Jess!-y", do you remember this post: http://jess-tats.blogspot.com/2012/01/whats-in-title-that-which-we-call-post.html ?
Well, I have decided to embrace the Messy Jess!-y idea.  The purple motif above is a special "Messy Jess!-y".  These two are different batches that I've dyed up.  Don't they look so pretty?
Now, one thing that is pretty important is that a Messy Jess!-y skein doesn't necessarily need a name, because it will unique, original, and most importantly.... non reproducible! However, I did come up with a way to make sure that the skeins in these batches were the same.  I will not guarantee that I will be able to do that every time.  It took more work to do it that way. But the results look wonderful.

Now, I haven't decided whether to put some of these in my shop or just save them for Tat Days.
They are REALLY fun to tat with though!


LOOK WHAT I FINALLY got dyed up the right way!!!
Harvest! 
Apparently for this colorway, the third attempt was the charm. 


I did lots of winding last night and have gotten lots of dyeing done today.  That means I'll have lots to show tomorrow!! :o)


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh pretty! I love the purple! The "Harvest" makes me long for those cool crisp fall days. The Sinrise is very pretty too!
    I love the pattern! Have fun at Tat Days, I wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little motifs, great colours for the thread.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harvest is wonderful! I like the Messy Jessie concept too. Yeah, if you sell them in 'real life' folk can see what they're getting? Sweet motif.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that name "Messy Jess!-y"

    I wish I could go to Tat Days, but since I can't I say list them in your shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun colors and pretty motifs!! :)

    ReplyDelete