Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thread....

So, I am still playing with my camera.  I had the wild hair to get all my thread together and take a "group photo"...  and I know I shouldn't say this, but I know for a fact that this is not all my thread.  For instance, I have a whole other ziploc bag full of vintage that has just reds and pinks in it. I also have more size 20 somewhere... like a medium green, victorian red, angel love, and black and white that are missing from this collection... and oh yeah... the dark blue, brown and seagreen... wow I left out a lot of the 20's... oh well.

But here is most of my collection.  Sorry about the lighting, I'm still working on how to operate this camera.








Oh, and do you like the lovely art work on the bed?  Funny story actually.  I love Sharpies.  So one evening, like usual, I had a couple of Sharpies sitting out on my desk and I ran downstairs (probably to print something out but I don't really remember now).  I left Livi playing quietly in the room.  She's super wonderful and rarely gets into anything and even when she does it's not usual an issue.  But this time, I just happened to be washing covers so she was just too tempted with my big white canvas of a bed.  She colored the entire bed with my pink and green Sharpies.  You'd think she'd get in big trouble right?  No, it reminded me so much of something that I myself would do, that I all I could was stare at it with open jaw and pop eyes and then patted her on the head and told her that it was okay but it was really not a good idea to color someone else's bed.

She did get in trouble that evening for something different... but that parts not too funny so I won't go into it.

But I do believe that if I have a hankering to tat... not having the right thread really should not be a problem. 

3 comments:

  1. Lots of thread - lovely!
    Story - funny! Reminded me of a story from the 1920's - not so funny.
    My MIL's father was storing his friends new auto at their house for a time. My MIL saw the top and thought it woud make a good chalk board. She cut a hole in the roof of the car so she could stand on the seat and draw on the roof! She said it was wonderful until . . . The bed is yours, not destroyed, and a good story for Livi as she gets older. Hope you have lots of good pictures to show grandchildren! Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful start to your thread collection! ; )

    I think I would take the cover off the bed, let Livi decorate it some more, and then embellish her art work with embroidery, beads, and tatting. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, wow, I don't even know what I'd do if that happened to me. But you are right, it's a good thing the bed is mine. :o)

    Diane, I love the way you think. That would be super cute. Maybe I could even save it for her for when she gets older. :o)

    ReplyDelete