Friday, October 7, 2011





Here are a couple of examples of my Sharpie works...  They are only pics taken with my webcam... but that's alright.

Here's my "Yes U Can"  doily update
So, I started out just doing a "one shuttle bare thread rings row"... but ( and this is actually kind of silly) I was about 4 rings (8 when you consider there's one on top and one on bottom) short of being done and decided I did not like it so I cut it off because I thought  of a better idea. What do you think?  I'm using three different colors, all size 40 Lizbeth, but I'm using Blue Ice, Lemon, and Rainbow Taffy. I think after I go around like this, I will either go back around doing the three alternating sets OR I'll just do one in what would be the center. I really like it so far. I'm also planning to do the flowers in the next row with  these colors, but I may leave off the Blue Ice for one row. 
Just for records sake, I didn't like how I had it before the cut because I made the bare threads too long and none of them were the same size as any other. Then I watched a you tube video about using a post it note to judge the length of the bare threads.... which I really and truly think is genius! But of course, when I started this row, I didn't have a post it.... so I'm using a folded up gum wrapper. lol


4 comments:

  1. I love your Sharpie works! I've never been good at doodling... back in junior high, I was very envious of my friends who could doodle their way through classes. No matter what I tried, I always seemed to have a paper filled with tic-tac-toe grids! : )

    I really like the colors you're using for your Yes-U-Can Doily. Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you are creating!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Diane, one thing I could always do was doodle lol. When I was younger I always wished I could draw actual things like my best friend. But now that I'm older, I like that my style is more abstract. :o)
    AND doodling in class has gotten me in trouble a time or two.... BUT now I have the livescribe pen, so even when I doodle during a lecture, I can go back and listen to what I missed while doodling... which is really nice. If you haven't seen them, you should check them out.

    And thank you Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doily looks like it will be fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete