Monday, June 10, 2013

Back from Myrtle Beach!


 Whew!  Myrtle Beach was a blast!  I really did not want to leave!  But, I am glad to be back!

I didn't get any tatting done on the beach, but I did take quite a few pictures!




Livi's first view of the ocean and she loved it!


We made a squirrel friend at Barefoot Landing!


We went out for seafood.... and this series of pictures came about:

Chris went for a classy shot beside a lobster topped truck.
I followed with getting my head stuck in said lobster truck.
And, my "baby brother" got a good butt pinching!

My "little brother" (he's older than baby brother) found this cool crab!




This is Livi with her cousin Dylan.  This trip was their first time to meet and I haven't seen Dylan since he was just a baby.  Dylan has autism so, we weren't sure how he and Livi would get along.  But, they ended up being best buddies and Dylan keeps asking when he'll get to play with Livi again!  Isn't that sweet?  Too bad he lives too far away for us to be to see them often. :o(

But, on ward with the pictures!

My goofy girl with my big (half) brother in the background!

Me! Enjoying the beach!



We also visited Ripley's Aquarium which was so much fun!

They have this one tank with a tunnel going through it so that the fish can swim all around you.
This is a shark swimming over my head.... AWESOME!!

Livi and Dylan held hands for most of the visit!  

Livi liked looking at the horseshoe crabs, but she wasn't too keen to actually touching them.

She did almost get head bit off by a shark though!  That was a close call!

Her favorite may have been that she got to see a real live mermaid!  She LOVED the mermaids!  In fact, she collected a bunch of shells that she intends to make them a hair barrette with since they are stuck at the aquarium!


Livi and Dylan show off their toys and take one last photo before Dylan had to go back home.  They were only able to stay for a couple of days. 





Livi loves her "Uncle Me", my little brother.  She loves "Uncle Wa" as well, but he lives with us so she sees him all the time. But here I think Uncle Me was teaching her how to play Plants vs Zombies.  (GREAT! lol) 

Livi REALLY loved the pool!

She really didn't loved waiting on someone to take her to the pool!


We did a little miniature golf as well.  

AND we made it to the Skywheel!  It was so much fun!

Chris and Livi, ready for take off!

The view was wondeful!



Then, at Ripley's Believe it or Not:

Livi took a photo with Optimus Prime, who is made completely out of car parts.  Chris liked him particularly.

Livi really misses Toodles! She's been complaining for quite some time now about needing a dog.  So, she was quite taken with this dog that made out of nuts and bolts.


On the way back home, we made a little detour to visit my brother and Dylan.  Dylan had been wanting to see more of Livi!

My Mom, Livi, my dad and Dylan

Dylan said Livi had soft warm hair.  He kept petting her for about the entire we were there!

Chris got to fire this old gun of my brothers.  It takes forever to load or he probably would have taken more shots.  This was a very heavy gun, which meant there was virtually no kick back.  Chris was impressed!




It left quite a hole!



So, now that we are back, I finally finished the raspberry round of the doily I'm working on and another round.  This one is cream and daffodil.  



Well, I hope you enjoyed that synopsis of my little trip!

To kick things back off in the shop I've reactivated the "freeshipping" coupon.  I plan to leave it up for a few days!  Like before, all I ask is if you are international, that you spend at least $14 to use the coupon.  :o)

8 comments:

  1. So glad you all had such a good time.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a blast!!! :)
    You and your daughter have such beautiful smiles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad y'all enjoyed the beach and Livi got to hang out with her cousin Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, sounds like fun with lots of good family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such a good time! Livi and Dylan look sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a great time and Livi enjoyed it, the weather looks like it was also good, nice to have you back.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete