Thursday, February 28, 2013

Short update of the Square Doily

First off, here is the link to Debbie Arnold's fabulous pattern: http://www.ds9designs.com/patterns_free.shtml

I haven't had any problems with just going by the diagram on the first page, but maybe you would find the written pattern on the following pages helpful :o)

She also gives suggested colors, though really, the way I read it, they aren't so much suggestions but rather references between her tatted model and the color coding on the pattern.  But either way, I like to use my own mix of colors. :o)



 So, here it is so far: I LOVE it!!
Isn't it neat how the colors pooled in the Carnival?  I love how there's yellow in each corner and in the middle of each side. :o)

And a detail of what I added since the last post:
As you can I see, I did add the carnival and Lime and then the two additional rows are Lizbeth 657 Bright Turquoise Dk and Lizbeth 632 Purple Md. (which I use A LOT! It seems to go with everything!)


I also ordered more thread. Mostly, so that I could add some more coordinating colors but also because I really value a well coordinated solid in most (if not all) projects and was wanting to expand my selection!


I really think that the Ocean Teal Md will be a good match for Parakeet dye, which is used in Carnival, Coconut Island, Madder Tatter, 4-Eva, and Bahamas.  (Can you tell I really like LOVE that color?)

8 comments:

  1. It is a great pattern, but the colours you have used have made it outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice doily. Like the unusual shape too. your tatting is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do like that doily, and the colors you've chosen are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these colors are beautiful: I wonder if I'm not going to buy new Lizbeth threads and tat a second model like this one !
    I noticed that you have added in the last row of pearls and it is a very nice variant : bravo
    Have a nice day
    ancolie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love the colours you've used, and the unusual shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more I see this, the more I love the colors you chose. I am drawn to your photo.

    Monica Braxton
    needleartsgoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete