Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Working Variegated-s together.

I will admit, usually 2 different variegated threads clash and look horrid. But sometimes working two together, looks fabulous!

I'm working on Jane Eborall's Fandango Bookmark for my cousin who has just had a birthday today!
I'm using size 60 Bahamas and Susie Sunshine.

I thought these two colorways would look good together by wrapping them up together like this:


This really does look better in person... this scan kind of looks like crud, in person though... it's gorgeous-ness.  :o)


What variegateds have you tried together??

7 comments:

  1. To me they look like the colors of autumn leaves on the maple trees, and I think they look really nice together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now longer have the bookmark, and I can't remember the names of the HDT, but I have used a flower colors varigated and an green ombre, looked very good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever tried two variegated threads together... something to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's Kid said the same thing I was thinking, that these colors look like autumn leaves just starting to change color. Perfect for somebody with a fall birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite lovely and fall-esque, I have never tried to mix variagated threads, but now I'm going to have to contemplate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combo. I've not had much luck with two vari threads so usually resort to HWT!!! I'll definitely be looking into this in the future, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I have put two together, but I have put white or black with the variegated thread.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete