Saturday, May 12, 2012

I finally got to meet another tatter!!

It was so exciting and such a blessing to finally get to meet another tatter today! (As you may or may not know... I taught myself, so the only act of tatting that I have seen is my own or videos on You tube... well, until today!)
I got to meet with  Tatknot (Eliz) today.  We met at McDonalds so that Livi could play on the playset, and let me tell ya- she played hard. We stay for a little over five hours and Livi still said, "That was too much fun!  Next time, can we stay longer, like 6 or 70 hours " I feel like I didn't actually get that much tatting done, but that's alright I had a blast!
Eliz even got to teach a little boy how to tat... how sweet!!



I have tatting to show, but I will do it on my next post.  This momma is tired, but I need to finish up on Mother's Day flowers :o)


Happy Mothers Day!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I'm happy for you and amazed at your lovely tatting and dying with not ever meeting another tatter in "real life". I taught myself in the 70's but was able to find another tatter later who encouraged me (and she was legally blind). Today I started a project in Camo-licious. Will be sending you a pic. in a few days. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'm sure and Eliz had a wonderful time... maybe you even had more fun than Livi did! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, Diane. I had a great time. I've got pictures, too. I hope to get them up today. Jess's threads are more beautiful in person than in the pictures. They inspire me with design ideas. Thank you, Jess and Livi, for a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL! I am so jealous!

    I remember how terrific it was to meet another tatter in person. Gina was the first person I ever met - and now I am so happy that she was the first!

    Eliz, you and Livi sure look like you had a great time.
    Fox ; ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to read that you all had a great time.
    I hope the boy that Eliz taught tatting also enjoyed the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to be able to meet another tatter in person! I know that tatters can get carried away, so good that Livi had something to do that she was happy with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Your new thread colors are amazing!
    Now that you've seen howmuch fun being with one tatter, imagine being with a whole room full of tatters. Make plans for Palmetto Tat Days in September.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sounds great! What a cute little daughter Livi is, that she says that to you, isn't she, seeing Mummy has fun! And how exciting to meet and tat and teach the little boy!These are moments to live from instead of bread and water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fabulous day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete