Thursday, February 28, 2013

Short update of the Square Doily

First off, here is the link to Debbie Arnold's fabulous pattern: http://www.ds9designs.com/patterns_free.shtml

I haven't had any problems with just going by the diagram on the first page, but maybe you would find the written pattern on the following pages helpful :o)

She also gives suggested colors, though really, the way I read it, they aren't so much suggestions but rather references between her tatted model and the color coding on the pattern.  But either way, I like to use my own mix of colors. :o)



 So, here it is so far: I LOVE it!!
Isn't it neat how the colors pooled in the Carnival?  I love how there's yellow in each corner and in the middle of each side. :o)

And a detail of what I added since the last post:
As you can I see, I did add the carnival and Lime and then the two additional rows are Lizbeth 657 Bright Turquoise Dk and Lizbeth 632 Purple Md. (which I use A LOT! It seems to go with everything!)


I also ordered more thread. Mostly, so that I could add some more coordinating colors but also because I really value a well coordinated solid in most (if not all) projects and was wanting to expand my selection!


I really think that the Ocean Teal Md will be a good match for Parakeet dye, which is used in Carnival, Coconut Island, Madder Tatter, 4-Eva, and Bahamas.  (Can you tell I really like LOVE that color?)

8 comments:

  1. It is a great pattern, but the colours you have used have made it outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice doily. Like the unusual shape too. your tatting is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That doily is outstanding!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like that doily, and the colors you've chosen are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these colors are beautiful: I wonder if I'm not going to buy new Lizbeth threads and tat a second model like this one !
    I noticed that you have added in the last row of pearls and it is a very nice variant : bravo
    Have a nice day
    ancolie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I love the colours you've used, and the unusual shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I see this, the more I love the colors you chose. I am drawn to your photo.

    Monica Braxton
    needleartsgoddess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete